Monday, August 27, 2012

Detox!



So I started a detox yesterday. I do a vegetarian diet with lots of liquids, fruits and veggies. It usually takes a little getting used to but once I get into the swing of things I really enjoy it.

Now keep in mind I am a hard core carnivore but I am learning that it's not so good for me. There are plenty of other ways to get healthier proteins so that's what I am incorporating into my diet. I will treat meat more like a treat and just have it once in a while instead of every night for dinner. I have really made serious cut backs on daily meat intake already so this shouldn't be too big a change. I do notice that I feel much better when I don't have it frequently.

I also use supplements to aid with the detox. I take a great multi and alfalfa which helps to detox the system, a liver detox, B-Complex for energy, etc. I take a number of supplements on a daily basis to keep me in tip top shape. Some people do use fiber but I don't, just because I am pretty good on regularity.


I am happy to say that I have lost 1.5 lbs in this short time and that's why I have started the detox. I have some pounds to shed and there is no better way to start than with a great detox period.

No comments:

Post a Comment