Thursday, September 8, 2011

Never Again!

I have been taking my Shaklee supplements faithfully since April and have been feeling great! Recently due to a busy schedule and poor planning I ran out. I didn't just run out of this or that, I ran out of everything! How could this be? This can't possibly be right! Oh, I know at this point I am going to suffer but have no idea how much.

 If you have have read my previous posts you know that I have eliminated insomnia, chronic joint pain, asthma, allergies, midnight potty breaks and chronic fatigue to name just a few. Well despite the fact that I ran out of all but one supplement shortly after getting back from our Global Conference I was doing pretty good for a while. A trip like that would normally cause me to relapse into the dismal world of chronic fatigue but this was the first time in a long time that I didn't really pay for such a trip with lots of time sleeping to recover. It felt great! For a while. The fatigue did creep in about a week later when I was out of my supplements. An hour nap almost everyday, the joint pain was starting to creep back in and so were the late night potty breaks which did interfere with my sleep. While the fatigue before would have been rmuch worse I did not enjoy revisiting that place.

 While at our conference I had frequently forgotten to take my Zantac for my ulcers. Now if you have or have ever had ulcers you know that you don't forget. If you forget you have pain. I didn't. For the first time I didn't have pain and reflux! It was great! And short lived. I found that without my supplements that also creeped back in very quickly. I felt so bad like I had really harmed myself and it could have been prevented. I am restocked and most of my symptoms have subsided.

 One of the most interesting things that happened to me while off the supplements was the change in my mood. I found that I was crabby and that my overall outlook was not too cheery. It was very slight but I noticed it. I didn't like it and I was glad that it was quickly gone when I got back to the supplements.  I was glad I was able to identify that it was due to the lack of supplements otherwise I fear that may have spiraled a little.

 I felt it was really important to blog about this so I never forget how I felt without the stuff that keeps me going. Never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment